Thursday, May 07, 2015

dailies

standing at the corner of k st and alhambra blvd

afterwork list of grocery shopping in my head and on my tongue

traffic always traffic cars and trucks in the rush to get home

i was there on the corner waiting for the light to change

that i may cross the street to the parking lot of safeway

and the light did change i stepped into the street

see a honda pilot turning left and barreling toward me

i freeze to gauge the car's trajectory

close but the driver sees me at the last instant

slams on the breaks then the window rolls down

and a woman says, sir sir i am so sorry i am so sorry

she repeats and repeats then drives away

chance is ourselves, said artaud

my heart in my throat i cross the street

decide on dinner at the taqueria

mexican food sounds good right now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home